Here at LPVAS we are always looking for new volunteer members. If you are not able to provide medical care on our ambulance, there are many other opportunities at LPVAS, such as, providing office expertise, be a part of Public Relations, Training, or assisting in fund raising.
As a member of LPVAS you will:
- Have the chance to give back to the community
- Gain hands on experience and learn new skills
- Provide opportunity to be a part of a leading EMS agency
- Make a difference in the lives of others that are sick or injured
The Lake Placid Volunteer Ambulance Service provides volunteers with:
- Free training in CPR and other Emergency Medical Care
- Emergency Vehicle Operation Training
- An Annual Service Awards Banquet
- Workman’s Compensation Insurance*
- Malpractice and Liability Insurance*
- Death or Disability Insurance*
*for injury and incidents that occur while on duty
There are currently no full-time positions available, but our department is always open to consideration of per-diem employees.